BrickPi3 Base Kit
BrickPi3 helps you do more with LEGO MINDSTORMS by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Base Kit includes one BrickPi board for connecting MINDSTORMS, an upgraded 6-sided acrylic case for attaching Lego technic bricks, and a battery power pack. Raspberry Pi sold separately. LEGO parts not included.
In stock (can be backordered)
BrickPi is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of Mindstorm system). If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s included in the BrickPi Base Kit?
- BrickPi3 board
- 6-sided Acrylic Case to connect LEGO technic bricks on all sides
- Case hardware
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
What’s required for assembly & use but NOT included?
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
- Check out our rechargeable battery pack and smart charger here.
- Power Supply is recommended so you don’t drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
- Raspberry Pi (we recommend the 3, but any version will work)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself
If you are interested in a package with last 4 items included, check out the BrickPi Starter Kit.
What else do I need to know?
- Connect 1 of many Grove Sensors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi – and the whole robot.
- Libraries available in languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate WIFI
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
You may also like…
The Dexter Industries Sensor Mount allows you to easily attach sensors to your GoPiGo3. Our custom design allows you to snap sensors right onto the mount and then snap the mount onto the GoPiGo3. No screws or soldering iron required! Attach any of the Dexter Industries or Grove sensors to your Raspberry Pi robot.
BrickPi3 helps you do more with Lego® Mindstorm® by connecting Lego sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Classroom Kit includes five (5) BrickPi Starter Kits, including the BrickPi+ Base Kit (w/case & battery power pack), microSD Card, Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor, Rechargeable Battery Pack & Smart Chargers, Storage Bins, & Raspberry Pi 3. No Lego parts included.
This NIMH rechargeable battery pack and smart charger is the most economical way to power your GoPiGo and BrickPi robots.
BrickPi helps you do more with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Starter Kit includes a BrickPi Base Kit (w/case), BrickPi Battery Power Pack, microSD Card, Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor, and Raspberry Pi 3. No LEGO parts included.