BrickPi3 Starter Kit
BrickPi helps you do more with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Starter Kit includes a BrickPi Base Kit (w/case), BrickPi Battery Power Pack, microSD Card, Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor, and Raspberry Pi 3. No LEGO parts included.
BrickPi is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi3 Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
If you’re interested in purchasing 5 kits – check out our Classroom Kit for a discount!
What’s Included in the BrickPi Starter Kit?
- BrickPi3 board
- BrickPi 6-sided Acrylic Case
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- microSD Card, but you’ll need Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V) is recommended so you don’t drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
- Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor
What’s required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
- Check out our rechargeable battery pack and smart charger here.
What else do I need to know?
- Connect 1 of many Grove Sensors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi – and the whole robot.
- Libraries available in languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
We do not sell the core LEGO motors or sensors.
If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Sensor Kit 1 includes a set of sensors to get started with your GoPiGo3 and BrickPi robots for the Raspberry Pi.
The Dexter Industries Sensor Mount allows you to easily attach sensors to your GoPiGo3. Our custom design allows you to snap sensors right onto the mount and then snap the mount onto the GoPiGo3. No screws or soldering iron required! Attach any of the Dexter Industries or Grove sensors to your Raspberry Pi robot.
Measure bending motions and make robots that mimic you. dFlex flexible sensor measures angular displacement, or bend, of the sensor. The sensor bends and flexes with mechanical motion. dFlex does not work with EV3.