Dexter Industries builds awesome robot kits for everyone.
At Dexter, we think everyone should be able to build, learn, and experiment with robotics — from kids, to college students, to hobbyists and researchers. That’s why we design and build complete robot kits that make it easy to get started. We’ve also developed projects and curriculum to make learning fun for everyone.
Equipping educators every step of the way.
We’ve discovered educators all over the world are using our robot kits in the classroom. These pioneers have developed their own curriculums, but now we’re working to put together the right set of hardware, software and projects! Check out our DexterEd page for more information and to sign up for our Teacher Trial Kits!
- February 20, 2019
- December 20, 2018
- August 28, 2018
- May 3, 2018
Your questions, answered.
- What if I don’t know what I’m doing?
- Don’t worry, we have kits for beginners, and step-by-step instructions and lots of projects that will help you learn new things.
- What if I’m an electrical engineer?
- Don’t worry, we have kits for experts, and it’s open-source so you can tinker with it!
- I’m an educator, do you sell kits for classrooms?
- Absolutely. Check out our bundled education kits and DexterEd Teacher Trial program where we can send you a trial kit to try out with your class.
- Does the kit come with everything I’ll need?
- All of the kits are complete, but some photos may show customizations done by other builders. If you have any questions about what comes with a kit, just look in the product description.
- Can kids build these robots?
- If an adult is building with the child, we recommend ages 8+. For solo builds, we recommend ages 12+. If your child is literally a baby genius, go for it.
- Are these safe to build?
- Completely! There’s no soldering required, and you can’t be electrocuted by touching a circuit board. Exposed wires connected to a power source will shock anyone, but all wiring included in our kits is 100% insulated, and all kits utilize extremely low voltage.
- Did you know these libraries all come pre-installed on #DexterOS for the #GoPiGo3? Indeed! A robot that is ready fr… https://t.co/tOR5B0x5D5
- Do you have a #microbit? Turn it in to a rover with our #GiggleBot robot. Follow these instructions to create an ea… https://t.co/UVsHZ3eRQB
- Get your 3D printer warmed up to quickly print little jousting pieces for your #GoPiGo3. Challenge each other to ba… https://t.co/hTkfyk4vof
- So cool! https://t.co/uQSFjSJf4k
- Make your #GiggleBot dance with our first mission "Bust a Move" we're offering for free on our website, as part of… https://t.co/oX2craCO9c
- Raspberry Pi Robot Navigation with ROS https://t.co/2hQXpTcLfq