GoPiGo Beginner Classroom Kit
The GoPiGo Raspberry Pi Robot Classroom Package includes five Starter Kits, everything you need to outfit your classroom with a Raspberry Pi robot.The Beginner Starter Kit includes everything you need to get started from scratch including a GoPiGo3 Base Kit, Raspberry Pi 3, Mini Wifi Dongle, GoPiGo Servo Package, Distance Sensor, microSD Card (with our DexterOS software), 8GB USB Drive, Power Supply.
In stock (can be backordered)
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
Assembly time: 30 minutes
- 5 GoPiGo3 Base Kit
- 5 Screwdriver for assembly
- 5 Raspberry Pi 3
- 5 GoPiGo Servo Package
- 5 Mini Wifi Dongle
- 5 Distance Sensor
- 5 microSD Card with Dexter Industries custom DexterOS software (More advanced users that want to connect the robot to the internet or want to code in C, Java or Node.js should use our other software, Raspbian for Robots, in our Advanced Classroom Kit.)
- 5 8GB USB Drive (used for updating software and storing photos and files, but comes empty)
- 5 Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V)
What’s not included?
- Batteries: GoPiGo3 requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). We also have lots of free projects in Python in our online community, Dexter Studio, you can try like turning it into a GPS guided robot, browser streaming robot, drive it with a PS3 controller, or program it to protect your room from intruders… and many more.
We also have a subscription product called GoBox where we’ll mail you a new Mission and sensor every month with step by step instructions on how to program.
More Advanced Users:
If you want to program in Java, C, and be able to be online? Please check out our Advanced Classroom Kit.
Assembly instructions can be found on our support page.
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (many built in to the software and even more available in our open-source repository on Github)
- LEGO Technic bricks: you can attach LEGO technic parts to the GoPiGo acrylic body to build things like camera mounts and to customize the look. But we don’t sell any LEGO parts.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo1 can be found here.
How do I know if I have GoPiGo 1, 2 or 3?
GoPiGo3 has the red GoPiGo board on top. GoPiGo2 has the red board on bottom and comes with a red velcro strap for the battery pack.