GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
Assembly time: 30 minutes
- GoPiGo3 Base Kit
- Screwdriver for assembly
- Raspberry Pi 3
- GoPiGo Servo Package
- Mini Wifi Dongle
- Distance Sensor
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries custom DexterOS software (More advanced users that want to connect the robot to the internet or want to code in C, Java or Node.js should use our other software, Raspbian for Robots, in our Advanced Starter Kit.)
- 8GB USB Drive (used for updating software and storing photos and files, but comes empty)
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V)
What’s not included?
- Batteries: GoPiGo3 requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). We also have lots of free projects in Python in our online community, Dexter Studio, you can try turning it into a GPS guided robot, a browser streaming robot, drive it with a PS3 controller, or program it to protect your room from intruders. Dexter Studio has many more examples as well.
We also have a subscription product called GoBox where we mail you a new Mission and sensor every month with step-by-step instructions on how to program the sensor.
More Advanced Users:
If you want to program in Java, C, and be able to be online? Please check out our Advanced Starter Kit.
Assembly instructions can be found on our support page.
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries. Many are built into the software and more are available in our open-source repository on Github.
- LEGO Technic bricks: you can attach LEGO technic parts to the GoPiGo acrylic body to build things like camera mounts and to customize the look. Dexter Industries does not sell LEGO components.
Kit w/Raspberry Pi 2, Kit w/Raspberry Pi 3
You may also like…
GoBox comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Choose the “Missions Only” option if you already have the GoPiGo robot.
The Line Follower attaches to your GoPiGo robot car and enables you to program it to follow a line. Program your GoPiGo to serve a drink across a room, and learn the basics of how automated warehouse or self-driving cars work!