BrickPi3 Starter Kit
In stock (can be backordered)
BrickPi is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi3 Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s Included in the BrickPi Starter Kit?
- BrickPI3 board
- BrickPi 6-sided Acrylic Case
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Software “Raspbian for Robots”
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V) is recommended so you don’t drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
What’s required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
What else do I need to know?
- Connect 1 of many Grove Sensors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi – and the whole robot.
- Libraries available in languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
We do not sell the core LEGO motors or sensors.
If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Measure bending motions and make robots that mimic you. dFlex flexible sensor measures angular displacement, or bend, of the sensor. The sensor bends and flexes with mechanical motion. dFlex does not work with EV3.
The BrickPi+ Case is a fully enclosed acrylic case for the BrickPi (only fits the BrickPi+, not the new BrickPi3) and Raspberry Pi (only B+ & 2). The case lets you connect LEGO Technic bricks on all sides. Attach Legos, protect your Raspberry Pi, and build better robots! Other colors available are black, grey and white.
The dPressure is a pressure sensor for the Lego® Mindstorm® NXT and EV3 systems capable of measuring up to 500 kPa (70 psi) of pressure and gauge vacuum.