BrickPi+ Classroom Kit
BrickPi+ helps you do more with Lego® Mindstorm® by connecting Lego sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Classroom Kit includes five (5) BrickPi Starter Kits, including the BrickPi+ Base Kit (w/case & battery power pack), microSD Card, Mini Wi-Fi Dongle, Power Supply, Ethernet Cable & Raspberry Pi 3. No Lego parts included.
Available on backorder
BrickPi is best for someone who already has Lego MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don’t already have Lego MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
Please also read this blog post on how to get multiple robots working with one wifi network in your classroom.
What’s Included in the BrickPi Classroom Kit?
Five (5) of each of the following:
- BrickPi+ board
- BrickPi Upgraded 6-sided Acrylic Case
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Software “Raspbian for Robots” (educators should consider using CINCH)
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V) is recommended so you don’t drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
We recommend the storage bin. It will fit the assembled robot and accessories. Also, it comes with 6, so you have one extra for the teacher and other accessories, like other sensors, that you might buy for the class to share: http://amzn.to/1Z7BjOZ
What’s required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO Mindstorm sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
What else do I need to know?
- BrickPi works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi.
- Write in other languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your Lego Mindstorm robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your Lego Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have Lego Mindstorm NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
If you don’t already have Lego Mindstorm, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…