What’s the GrovePi?
GrovePi connects your Raspberry Pi to the Grove Sensor System. No soldering or breadboard. Your Raspberry Pi computer enters the physical world. Think of it as LEGO for electronics. The Grovepi Starter Kit is a quick-start kit with the GrovePi and the necessary components to get something respectable assembled. Some of the awesome things about GrovePi:
- The sensors are inexpensive.
- We have a fast growing library for about 50 sensors (and growing!)
- We have examples and samples in Python, C, and Go.
- The sensors are super-easy to attach and use.
So . . .
- You want to start hacking and mashing electrical parts together with software.
- You’re a student starting to learn electrical engineering, computer science, art, fashion design . . . whatever!
- You’re a software person who wants to make something in the real world, but not quite comfortable with a soldering iron yet.
- You’re a Maker an idea in your head that involves the physical world and a computer, but you’re not sure where to start.
- You want to connect any sensors to the internet.
What’s new and why are you bothering us about this?
We’ve tried to cram everything possible into a great looking plastic box that you might want to connect to your Raspberry Pi. We hope that you’ll take a look and start thinking about the awesome things you can build with the GrovePi.
This kit has lights, a display, switches galore, and a whole lot more.
Hardware Shouldn’t be So Hard
Hardware is hard. Wires, connecting, soldering . . . it can be a challenge to get started.
You often have to break a few things.
We wanted to change that. With the GrovePi Starter Kit, hardware is just as easy to get started with as playing with legos.