Position type: Full-time, salaried, flexible schedule, vacation, but no healthcare benefits
Compensation: to commensurate with experience
Location: flexible, anywhere
Travel: Domestic, up to 4x per year for 2-3 days at a time
Contact: taryn (at) dexterindustries.com
Dexter Industries is a growing educational robotics company that makes robot kits to make learning how to code more fun and accessible to everyone! We are passionate about building great products that help people learn with a team of exceptional people that believe in our mission.
Up until recently, our main market has been hobbyists and technology enthusiasts, but we’ve recently expanded into education and are getting significant interest from teachers, schools and districts to purchase and deploy our robot kits in the classroom. Other educational users are popping up like STEM camps, after school programs, CoderDojo’s and other clubs.
We’ve recently experienced a massive influx of interest from educators for detailed classroom-friendly projects to go with our robot kits. Most of the projects we have done so far are aimed at consumers and hobbyists, and are not designed for classroom (group) use. However, we have many teachers already using our robots in their classroom, and are eager to share their work and ideas as we build our the project portfolio for our different kits.
This role will lead the effort internally at Dexter Industries to carve out our path to help teachers use our robots in the classroom. We already have a dedicated salesperson for the Ed market, but we need to develop a portfolio of projects, match the projects with different curriculum requirements and skills being learned, and build a business model and tools to sell these projects through our website. We also want this person to build a community of teachers that can share ideas, publish their own projects and support each other in STEM activities. This person should also be confident in giving presentations at conferences and leading workshops or trainings for camps and schools.
Ed Content Strategy
- Develop and execute the DexterEd content strategy.
- Come up with project ideas that are compelling to educators of all age ranges (2nd grade through.
- Manage project content development & work with Dexter’s Engineering team who will help with code.
- Develop written content, take pictures, screen capture videos of coding aspects of project & do live videos for each project for each robot kit.
- Match each project with the different curriculum learning objectives.
- Grow and nurture our Teacher “Dexperts” (advisory/evangelist group) to get feedback, ideas, and support.
- Organize regular webinars or events to train teachers on our robot kits.
Trade Shows & Conferences
- Travel to trade shows with Ed Sales Team. Run workshops at conferences, organize pre/post conference events for Dexperts.
- Conduct in-person training for teachers, camps counselors, and other educators.
- Create online training materials for educators
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience developing effective & compelling educational content
- Email, Skype, Googledrive,
- Interest in technology and it’s role in education
Nice to have:
- Understanding of the education market
- Understanding of technology – computer science, robotics
- Google drive/docs experience
- Experience with Contactually, or another CRM
- Screencast/Video production
- Familiarity with WordPress admin (website software)