The Dexter Industries NXTChuck allows you to control your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot with the Nintendo Wii® Nunchuk. The digital adapter plugs into any sensor port on your LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT. It connects a Wii Nunchuck to the adapter, and you can control your robot with the Wii Nunchuck!
- Ensure proper orientation: confirm that the Nunchuk plug is properly connected.
- Prevent stress damage to the board: be sure to use both of NXT holes to mount to LEGO robot.
- Mounting Holes: LEGO crosses can be used to mount the NXTChuck to your robot.
Warning, improper orientation of Wii extension plug and NXTChuck adapter board could result in permanent damage to the NXTChuck, Wii extension, and/or possibly the NXT. Always ensure proper orientation before plugging the NXTChuck into the NXT. Refer to the image on the right for proper orientation.
The NXTChuck is supported in NXT-G, Labview, NXC, and soon ROBOTC. Examples, blocks, and drivers can be downloaded from our download section.
Blocks for NXT-G can be downloaded from our download section. After installing the NXT-G Blocks for the NXTChuck (see our guide on installing 3rd Party NXT-G Blocks), you should see the NXTChuck icon in the “Advanced Pallet.”
The NXTChuck Functions in NXT-G. From the block you can access the x and y-axis of the joystick, the accelerometer’s x,y, and z values, the trigger buttons and the port the sensor is connected to.
The NXTChuck Control Panel in NXT-G. Select the port the NXTChuck is on here.
Drivers and examples for NXC can be downloaded from our download section.
Using NXC, the following have been tested to work:
- Official Nintendo brand nunchuk.
- All 3rd party wired nunchuks that have been tested so far.
- memorex sidekick wireless nunchuk.
- Nyko Kama wireless nunchuk.
- Classic Controller (and Classic Controller Pro)
- All of a small assortment that has been tested so far.
- Motion Plus (currently only with no extension plugged into the back)
- One 3rd party device.
Other Links and Examples:
Questions? Ask away!