PivotPi Base Kit
The PivotPi Base Kit is perfect for getting started with animated robot projects! Code anything in your world to move with 4 small servo motors and 2 large, powerful ones. This is a kit that includes the PivotPi board, battery pack, 2 large servo motors and 4 small servo motors. Now you can program your robotics, automation, and art projects to move!
Visit the PivotPi Product Tutorials & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s not included?
- Raspberry Pi (PivotPi is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the PivotPi board.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (you’ll need Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself)
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the PivotPi.
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
- Batteries: PivotPi requires 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
Check out the Starter Kit if you want the Raspberry Pi and everything you need to get started.
What kind of stuff can I make with it?
What else do I need to know?
- Servos connect to the PivotPi.
- The PivotPi works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Each PivotPi board can control up to 8 servos.
- PivotPi boards can be daisy-chained together and connected to our other robots including the GoPiGo & GrovePi (through the Grove ports).
- You can program the PivotPi in Python, Scratch, and other languages.