Dexter Industries builds awesome robots and kits for everyone.
At Dexter, we think everyone should be able to build, learn, and experiment with robotics — from kids, to college students, to hobbyists and researchers. That’s why we design and build a full lineup of totally customizable robot kits that work on your favorite platforms like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and Lego Mindstorms.
Equipping educators every step of the way.
We’ve discovered educators all over the world using our robot kits in the classroom. These pioneers have developed their own curriculums, but now we’re working to put together the right set of hardware, software and projects! Check out our DexterEd page for more information and to sign up for our Teacher Trial Kits!
- October 12, 2016
- October 3, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- June 20, 2016
Your questions, answered.
- What if I don’t know what I’m doing?
- Don’t worry, we have kits for beginners, and step-by-step instructions and lots of projects that will help you learn new things.
- What if I’m an electrical engineer?
- Don’t worry, we have kits for experts, and everything is open-source so you can mess with it!
- I’m an educator, do you sell kits for classrooms?
- Absolutely. Check out our bundled education kits and DexterEd program where we can send you a trial kit and sample curriculum.
- Does the kit come with everything I’ll need?
- All of the kits are complete, but some photos may show customizations done by other builders. If you have any questions about what comes with a kit, just look in the product description.
- Can kids build these robots?
- If an adult is building with the child, we recommend ages 8+. For solo builds, we recommend ages 14+. If your child is literally a baby genius, go for it.
- Are these safe to build?
- Completely! There’s no soldering required, and you can’t be electrocuted by touching a circuit board. Exposed wires connected to a power source will shock anyone, but all wiring included in our kits is 100% insulated, and all kits utilize extremely low voltage.
- How to write and run your first Scratch program on the GoPiGo Raspberry Pi Robot. https://t.co/szr3ex9De6 https://t.co/hfSZ2hFv5J
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist https://t.co/hfSZ2hFv5J How to Write Your First GoPiGo Program in Scratch
- How to write your first GrovePi Program in Scratch. See more about the GrovePi here: https://t.co/YPr9mH1U75 https://t.co/YH3pBAERJZ
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist https://t.co/YH3pBAERJZ Write Your First GrovePi Program in Scratch
- I liked a @YouTube video from @dexterind https://t.co/EB9G7ciIsP Robot Candy Sorter Using Google Cloud Vision and the Raspberry Pi
- Sort Halloween Candy with Google Cloud Vision and @Raspberry_Pi camera. https://t.co/nXqmpB5nLO https://t.co/fqqUGVmSiI