Measure bending motions and make robots that mimic you. dFlex flexible sensor measures angular displacement, or bend, of the sensor. The sensor bends and flexes with mechanical motion.
Use dFlex to make your robots mimic you and your fingers. The dFlex can be mounted using mechanical means, Velcro, or 3M medical tape. The dFlex plugs directly into your NXT and our easy to use software gets you up and running in minutes.
Check out the dFlex manual here.
Downloads and Tutorials
- dFlex User guide (Wiki) View the dFlex Sensor user-guide for general information on the sensor and FAQ.
- dFlex 1.0 (zip) This NXT-G block allows for quick and easy use of the dFlex. For use with NXT-G 1.0.
- dFlex Education (zip) For the Mindstorms NXT Education 2.0. This NXT-G block allows datalogging with the dFlex sensor. This NXT-G block allows for quick and easy use of the dFlex.
- dFlex Calibrated: dFlex Calibration and dFlex Calibration Run (zip) The dFlexCalibrated allows you to accurately calibrate the dFlex over a specific bending range. There are two programs: use the first to calibrate, and the second to read the dFlex. For use with NXT-G 1.0 and 2.0.
- dFlex Hello World (zip) NXT-G “Hello World” Program – Start using the dFlex now! This program helps users get started with the new dFlex quickly. The program reads the bend of the dFlex, and displays the degrees of bend and the raw data on the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT.
- dFlex Speed Control (zip) Speed Control Program by Joey – A second quick start program. This program was made by Joey for his blog and controls the speed of a motor. You can see a video of it in action here. The program reads the bend of the dFlex, and changes the speed of the motor accordingly.
- RobotC Examples (web) Available in the latest Botbench 3rd Party Drivers Suite.
- dFlex VI (.vi) The Labview VI provides more precise pressure measurements.
- dFlex Flex Finger (zip) The original VI files for making the dFlex flex finger seen in our leak video.
- Bend Range: -90 to 180 Degrees
- Granularity: ~ 1 Degree (0 to 180 Degrees)
- Operating Temperature: -35 C to 80 C
- Life Cycle: > 1 Million Bends
- Active Sensing Length: 3.75″ (95 mm)
- Cable Length: ~ 2′ (60 cm)
- Cable Termination: Male NXT
- Connection Type: Analog
More on the dFlex Sensor
Check out Jojoguy’s video using the dFlex to control motor speed.
You may also like…
BrickPi3 helps you do more with LEGO MINDSTORMS by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Base Kit includes one BrickPi board for connecting MINDSTORMS, an upgraded 6-sided acrylic case for attaching Lego technic bricks, and a battery power pack. Raspberry Pi sold separately. LEGO parts not included.
Please visit our new page for ordering this product.
The Dexter Industries Thermal Infrared Sensor (TIR) reads surface temperatures of objects. It is a non-contact thermometer based on the MLX90614. This sensor works with BrickPi3, NXT, and EV3Dev (not EV3-G)