In stock (can be backordered)
This USB Drive has 8GB of free space, and comes with no software on it. We recommend it for users of DexterOS and the GoPiGo. It will be used to update the OS (with a .zip file downloaded) and save pictures taken with the Pi camera. This comes in the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit.
Key Use for the USB Drive:
- For DexterOS users, this USB drive will enable them to update their GoPiGo software quickly and easily. They will just download a file from our site, put it on the USB Drive, and insert the Drive into the robot, and turn on the robot. The robot will do the update automatically, and restart.
- This USB Drive should be left in the robot at all times to enable users to save their files to it, including photos taken by the Raspberry Pi camera when connected, and sound files to play on the Dexter Industries Speaker.
DexterOS is the easiest way to get started with the GoPiGo robot car. This SD card comes pre-configured with our custom software, so all you have to do is plug it in and turn it on. This edition is called, DexterOS, and it is the quickest way to get connected to your robot and start programming!
Key Features of DexterOS:
- Code in Python & Bloxter.
- Requires the Dexter Industries Wifi Dongle.
- Dozens of free, built-in lessons in Bloxter, our drag-and-drop language similar to Scratch, that teach you how to program the robot to move, and use many different sensor accessories.
- Python programming built-in.
- Fun drive screen that allows you to get it moving quickly and learn how it drives around.
- No software to download on your computer or tablet.
- Works on Chromebooks, laptops, tablets and anything with wifi.
- Requires a wifi connection — DexterOS creates a closed wifi connection between the robot and your computer. That means that you will NOT be on the internet and cannot do more sophisticated things like import a python library or connect to Twitter or Google Cloud Vision. If you want to do more sophisticated stuff, please use our main software, “Raspbian for Robots”.
- Make sure you and your students are careful not to turn the robot on and off or take the SD card out while the robot is on. You always want to shut down the robot inside the software when you are done.