Objective: Students will build a robotic plant monitoring station combining coding and life science!
Each Lesson includes the following elements:
- Background information & resource links (some to share with students & some for teachers)
- Introductory questions & information to share with the students
- Step-by-step procedure for the project
- Student handouts, charts, worksheets
- Closure exercises
- Assessment questions
Time Requirement: 6-8 week long term investigation
- The Lesson uses Scratch, a beginner drag-and-drop programming language developed at MIT. It is perfect for beginners, and no prior experience is expected or required.
Recommended Grades: 4-5
Main Audience: Classroom
This unit comes in the form of a one-time downloadable PDF with a license for 1 classroom. If you are interested in using this unit school-wide or district-wide, please contact us for that pricing at DexterEd (at) dexterindustries.com.
What else will I need that does not come with this curriculum?
For purchases of 5 or more robots, please see our GrovePi Classroom Kit.
- GrovePi Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi (works with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- Wi-Fi Dongle (requires our custom Wi-Fi Dongle, even for the Pi 3, because our software is not yet totally compatible with the onboard wifi)
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries custom software – available for purchase pre-loaded with our software or else you can download and image the cards yourself)
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Wall Adapter
You may also like…
This 2-sided acrylic case protects and supports the GrovePi and Raspberry Pi from bumps and drops. The open design keeps sensors and connections accessible and protected. The acrylic is held together with steel posts and screws, giving the GrovePi solid protection.
Fits all versions of the Raspberry Pi.