The PivotPi is a complete kit to turn anything in your world into a moving robot. The PivotPi is a servo controller for the Raspberry Pi. It can control up to 8 servos, allowing you to make projects that move, grab, dance, swing, wave, and many other motions. You can use the PivotPi to create robots, automate your home, make moving sculptures, and craft animatronics built with the Raspberry Pi. The PivotPi can be programmed using Python, Scratch, and many other programming languages.
Use PivotPi to create robots, moving sculptures, and animatronics built with the Raspberry Pi.
Visit our PivotPi Product Tutorials & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s not included?
- Servo Motors: You’ll want to get servo motors to connect to the PivotPi so you can make your robots and projects move! We have small and large servo packs available, all which work with the PivotPi.
- Raspberry Pi (PivotPi is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the PivotPi board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (comes with Dexter Industry’s custom software “Raspbian for Robots” or if you are a beginner, check out or CINCH SD card.).
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the PivotPi (unless you use CINCH).
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
- Batteries: PivotPi requires 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
What’s required for assembly?
What can I do with it?
What else do I need to know?
- The PivotPi works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Each PivotPi board can control up to 8 servos.
- PivotPi boards can be daisy-chained together and connected to our other robots including the GoPiGo & GrovePi (through the Grove ports).
- You can program the PivotPi in Python, Scratch, and other languages.
You may also like…
This is a set of 4 small servos that you can connect to the PivotPi to make your robots and projects rotate! The servos come with various plastic adapters for connecting to your robotics, automation, and art projects.
This is a set of 2 large servo motors that you can connect to the PivotPi to make your robots and projects rotate! The servos come with various plastic adapters for connecting to your robotics, automation, and art projects.
The PivotPi Base Kit is perfect for getting started with animated robot projects! Code anything in your world to move with 4 small servo motors and 2 large, powerful ones. This is a kit that includes the PivotPi board, battery pack, 2 large servo motors and 4 small servo motors. Now you can program your robotics, automation, and art projects to move!
GoBox comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Choose the “Missions Only” option if you already have the GoPiGo robot.