GoPiGo Robot Base Kit
GoPiGo3 is the newest version of our robot car! The GoPiGo3 Base Kit is perfect if you already have a Raspberry Pi and want to get it moving. It includes the GoPiGo3 board, chassis, wheels, motors, encoders, and power battery pack.
In stock (can be backordered)
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s not included?
- Raspberry Pi (GoPiGo is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the GoPiGo board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (We have two options of software you can use — DexterOS, our new software for beginners using a drag-and-drop language, Bloxter, and Python. More advanced users should get our Pi software, Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself).
- Power Supply: Power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it and save the batteries.
- USB Drive: 8GB drive recommended for users of DexterOS for easy software updates and storing photos and files.
- Batteries: The GoPiGo requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
- Check out our rechargeable battery pack and smart charger here.
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the GoPiGo.
What’s required for assembly?
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). There’s no software to download or install on your device.
We also have a subscription product called GoBox where we mail you a new Mission every month, 9 of which also include a cool sensor to attach to your GoPiGo that you’ll learn to program to accomplish the mission! Missions are step-by-step instructions in a story format that make learning how to program fun and engaging for students of all ages.
Educators should check out GoBoxEd.
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Many software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries on our open-source repository on Github.
- Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo1 can be found here.
How do I know if I have GoPiGo 1, 2 or 3?
GoPiGo3 has the red GoPiGo board on top. GoPiGo2 has the red board on bottom and comes with a red velcro strap for the battery pack.
You may also like…
The Servo Package is a device that rotates. It connects directly to the GoPiGo and enables you to control an attached sensor’s rotation with software. This package comes with the servo and mounting hardware for attaching an ultrasonic sensor or Raspberry Pi camera to the GoPiGo Raspberry Pi robot car.
GoBox is an awesome way to learn how to code with a robot! It comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Check out the “Missions Only” product if you already have the GoPiGo robot.
Distance Sensor for the GoPiGo. The distance sensor can be mounted to the GoPiGo Raspberry Pi robot using the servo package to enable rotation. It detects distances from obstacles and objects, giving your robot the ability to navigate.
This package includes the cable for connecting the Distance Sensor to the GoPiGo.
The GrovePi Board. No need for soldering or breadboards: plug in your sensors and start programming. The easiest way to start prototyping your hardware dreams. Raspberry Pi sold separately.
The GrovePi works with the Raspberry Pi Models B, and B+.