GoPiGo Robot Base Kit
GoPiGo2 is the newest version of our robot car! The GoPiGo2 Base Kit is perfect if you already have a Raspberry Pi and want to get it moving. It includes the GoPiGo2 board, chassis, wheels, motors, encoders, and power battery pack.
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s not included?
- Raspberry Pi (GoPiGo is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the GoPiGo board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (comes with Dexter Industry’s custom software “Raspbian for Robots”).
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the GoPiGo.
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
- Batteries: GoPiGo requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
What’s required for assembly?
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts, but we don’t sell them.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo2 can be found here.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo1 can be found here.
How do I know if I have GoPiGo 1 or 2?
GoPiGo2 comes with a red velcro strap for the battery pack. So, if you have a red velcro strap, you have the GoPiGo2!
You may also like…
The Servo Package is a device that rotates. It connects directly to the GoPiGo and enables you to control an attached sensor’s rotation with software. This package comes with the servo and mounting hardware for attaching an ultrasonic sensor or Raspberry Pi camera to the GoPiGo Raspberry Pi robot car.
Ultrasonic Sensor for the GoPiGo. The ultrasonic sensor can be mounted to the GoPiGo Raspberry Pi robot using the servo package to enable rotation. It detects distances from obstacles and objects, giving your robot the ability to navigate.
This package includes the cable for connecting the Ultrasonic Sensor to the GoPiGo.
GoBox comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Choose the “Missions Only” option if you already have the GoPiGo robot.
$19.99/ month for 9 months and a $16.99 sign-up fee
The Line Follower attaches to your GoPiGo robot car and enables you to program it to follow a line. Program your GoPiGo to serve a drink across a room, and learn the basics of how automated warehouse or self-driving cars work!