Objective: Students demonstrate and model multiplication. Students will apply their understanding of multiplication and factors by writing code in Scratch to turn LED lights on for a specified amount of time.
Each Lesson includes the following elements:
- Background information & resource links (some to share with students & some for teachers)
- Introductory questions & information to share with the students
- Step-by-step procedure for the project
- Student handouts, charts, worksheets
- Closure exercises
Time Requirement: 1-2 class periods
- The Lesson uses Scratch, a beginner drag-and-drop programming language developed at MIT. It is perfect for beginners, and no prior experience is expected or required.
Recommended Grades: 3-4
Main Audience: Classroom
This lesson comes in the form of a one-time downloadable PDF with a license for 1 classroom. If you are interested in using this lesson school-wide or district-wide, please contact us for that pricing at DexterEd (at) dexterindustries.com.
What else will I need that does not come with this Lesson?
For purchases of 5 or more robots, please see our GrovePi Classroom Kit.
- GrovePi Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi (works with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries custom software – available for purchase pre-loaded with our software or else you can download and image the cards yourself) *If you are using this in a school setting and don’t want to have to deal with your IT department to get the GoPiGo robot on your school network, we have another option which is very easy called DexterOS.
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Wall Adapter
To get what you need for this project, check out the Multiplication with LEDs Lesson Hardware Kit.
You may also like…
This 2-sided acrylic case protects and supports the GrovePi and Raspberry Pi from bumps and drops. The open design keeps sensors and connections accessible and protected. The acrylic is held together with steel posts and screws, giving the GrovePi solid protection.
Fits all versions of the Raspberry Pi.