GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
Assembly time: 30 minutes
- GoPiGo3 Base Kit
- Screwdriver for assembly
- Raspberry Pi 3
- GoPiGo Servo Package
- Distance Sensor
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries custom DexterOS software (More advanced users that want to connect the robot to the internet or want to code in C, Java or Node.js can download our other software, Raspbian for Robots.)
- 8GB USB Drive (used for updating software and storing photos and files, comes empty)
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V)
What’s not included?
- Batteries: GoPiGo3 requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
- Check out our rechargeable battery pack and smart charger here.
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). There’s no software to download or install on your device.
We also have a subscription product called GoBox where we mail you a new Mission every month, 9 of which also include a sensor to attach to your GoPiGo that you’ll learn to program to accomplish the mission! Missions are step-by-step instructions in a story format that make learning how to program fun and engaging for students of all ages.
Educators should check out GoBoxEd.
More Advanced Users:
If you want to program in Java, C, and be able to be online? Please check out our Advanced Starter Kit.
Assembly instructions can be found on our support page.
What else do I need to know?
- LEGO Technic bricks: you can attach LEGO technic parts to the GoPiGo acrylic body to build things like camera mounts and to customize the look. Dexter Industries does not sell LEGO components.
Kit w/Raspberry Pi 2, Kit w/Raspberry Pi 3
You may also like…
The Dexter Industries Sensor Mount allows you to easily attach sensors to your GoPiGo3. Our custom design allows you to snap sensors right onto the mount and then snap the mount onto the GoPiGo3. No screws or soldering iron required! Attach any of the Dexter Industries or Grove sensors to your Raspberry Pi robot.
Sensor Kit 1 includes a set of sensors to get started with your GoPiGo3 and BrickPi robots for the Raspberry Pi.
GoBox Mission Only product is for people that already have the GoPiGo robot. GoBox Missions include access to the online instructions, and every month you’ll get a GoBox Mission package with a new sensor and other supplies to help you accomplish your mission. Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Check out the GoBox USA product if you don’t already have the GoPiGo robot.
This NIMH rechargeable battery pack and smart charger is the most economical way to power your GoPiGo and BrickPi robots.