GoPiGo Beginner Classroom Kit
The GoPiGo Classroom Package includes complete robot kits, everything you need to outfit your classroom with a Raspberry Pi robot. This Package includes a GoPiGo3 Base Kit, Raspberry Pi 3, microSD Card (with our DexterOS software), 8GB USB Drive, Power Supply, Distance Sensor, Sensor Mounts (set of 3) rechargeable batteries, storage bins, teacher getting started guide, a spare parts kit and 2 one hour training sessions.
Visit our GoPiGo Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
Assembly time: 30 minutes
- 5 GoPiGo3 Base Kits
- 5 Screwdrivers for assembly
- 5 Raspberry Pi 3
- 5 Distance Sensor
- 5 Sensor Mounts Set of 3
- 5 microSD Cards with Dexter Industries custom DexterOS software (More advanced users that want to connect the robot to the internet or want to code in C, Java or Node.js should use our other software, Raspbian for Robots, available to download and install for free.)
- 5 8GB USB Drives (used for updating software and storing photos and files, but comes empty)
- 5 Power Supply Wall Adapters (110-240V)
- 5 Rechargeable Battery Pack & 5 Smart Chargers
- Set of 6 Storage Bins
- Teacher Getting Started Guide
- 2 One-Hour Sessions of Onboarding and Customer Support
- Spare Parts Kit
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch).
Our most popular curriculum for the GoPiGo is GoBoxEd. It comes with a 9 additional sets of sensors and 12 Mission to accomplish with your robot!
We also have other curriculum and projects for GoPiGo for subjects like math, geography, language arts and more. Check them out at Dexter Studio, our project platform.
More Advanced Users:
If you want to program in Java, C, and be able to be online? Please check out our Advanced Classroom Kit.
Assembly instructions can be found on our support page.
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- LEGO Technic bricks: you can attach LEGO technic parts to the GoPiGo acrylic body to build things like camera mounts and to customize the look. But we don’t sell any LEGO parts.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo1 can be found here.
How do I know if I have GoPiGo 1, 2 or 3?
GoPiGo3 has the red GoPiGo board on top. GoPiGo2 has the red board on bottom and comes with a red velcro strap for the battery pack.
You may also like…
The GoPiGo Raspberry Pi Robot Advanced Classroom Package includes five Advanced Starter Kits, everything you need to outfit your classroom with a Raspberry Pi robot. The Starter Kit includes a GoPiGo3, a Raspberry Pi 3, a GoPiGo Servo Package, a Distance Sensor, a microSD Card (with our software), Rechargeable Battery Pack and Smart Charger, Storage Bins, Sensor Mounts, Ethernet Cable, and Power Supply.