This project shows how to control the GoPiGo with simple keyboard commands. You can try out his example to see how the GoPiGo works and adapt this program to make it work with you own projects.
- A fully assembled GoPiGo
- A decent battery pack providing atleast 9V (recommended 12V battery pack of 8AA cells )
- Wifi Adapter for connecting and controlling
Setting up the GoPiGo
Make sure that the GoPiGo is set up properly and you have the updated software and firmware. If you are not sure about this, follow the guide here.
If the GoPiGo is properly set up, connect to the GoPiGo via SSH or VNC and open terminal.
Running the example:
- Go to the Basic Robot Control folder:
cd GoPiGo/Software/Python/Examples/Basic Robot Control/
- Start the basic_robot_control.py example
sudo python basic_robot.py
Controlling the GoPiGo:
Use the following keys to control the GoPiGo
- w: Move GoPiGo Robot forward
- a: Turn GoPiGo Robot left
- d: Turn GoPiGo Robot right
- s: Move GoPiGo Robot backward
- t: Increase speed
- g: Decrease speed
- x: Stop GoPiGo Robot
- z: Exit
You can easily adapt this example to any project that you have in mind.