The Line Follower is a sensor that attaches to the GoPiGo robot car which enables the GoPiGo follow a line on the floor.
You can use it to program your GoPiGo to serve a drink across a room, learn the basics of how automated warehouse or self-driving cars work!
The Line Follower is unlike other sensors that require you to solder and tune the sensor to get readings. The GoPiGo Line Follower works out of the box!
- I2C sensor with a Grove connector
- The sensor itself consists of 5 analog IR sensors which give a 10 bit value b/w 0-1023 for each sensor indicating what each sensor is looking at.
- Complete black background gives a value around 1000 and a complete white background gives a value b/w 0-500.
- You can use these values to find out where the line is at and use that data to make the GoPiGo follow the line.
- The GoPiGo Line Follower works best with a black line on a white background or a white line on a black background with the line being 1-3cm thick and the distance b/w the line sensor and the line being 5mm to 10mm.
Description of Parts
The GoPiGo Line Follower comes with all the parts which you would need to get it up and running, including:
(1) Line Follower board
(2) hex spacers
(1) sensor cable
(2) round acrylic spacers
(1) acrylic sensor protector
(2) long bolts
(2) short bolts