Servo Motor for Raspberry Pi (Set of 2 Large)
This is a set of 2 large servo motors that you can connect to the PivotPi to make your robots and projects rotate! The servos come with various plastic adapters for connecting to your robotics, automation, and art projects.
These Servo Motors for the Raspberry Pi are perfect for connecting to the PivotPi to make a robot that moves.
Visit our PivotPi Product Tutorials & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s not included?
- PivotPi: the board that you will connect your servos to.
- Raspberry Pi (PivotPi is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the PivotPi board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (comes with Dexter Industry’s custom software “Raspbian for Robots” or if you are a beginner, check out or CINCH SD card.).
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the PivotPi (unless you use CINCH).
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
- Batteries: PivotPi requires 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
If you want to get the PivotPi Board along with a set of 6 servos (2 large and 4 small), check out our PivotPi Base Kit. Check out the Starter Kit if you want the Raspberry Pi and everything you need to get started.
What kind of stuff can I make with them?
What else do I need to know?
- Servos connect to the PivotPi.
- The PivotPi works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Each PivotPi board can control up to 8 servos.
- PivotPi boards can be daisy-chained together and connected to our other robots including the GoPiGo & GrovePi (through the Grove ports).
- You can program the PivotPi in Python, Scratch, and other languages.
You may also like…
The PivotPi Base Kit is perfect for getting started with animated robot projects! Code anything in your world to move with 4 small servo motors and 2 large, powerful ones. This is a kit that includes the PivotPi board, battery pack, 2 large servo motors and 4 small servo motors. Now you can program your robotics, automation, and art projects to move!
The PivotPi Starter Kit includes everything you need to get started building animated robot projects! This kit includes the PivotPi board, battery pack, 2 large servo motors and 4 small servo motors, Raspberry Pi, Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, Wifi Dongle, and SD card.