Morse Code Robot Lesson (GrovePi)
Students program a GrovePi relay a secret message using Morse Code.
Objective: Students program the GrovePi in Scratch to relay a message through morse code using the LED lights and/or a buzzer.
Each Lesson includes the following elements:
- Background information & resource links (some to share with students & some for teachers)
- Introductory questions & information to share with the students
- Step-by-step procedure for the project
- Student handouts, charts
- Closure exercises
Time Requirement: 1 hour / 1 class period
- The Lesson uses Scratch, a beginner drag-and-drop programming language developed at MIT. It is perfect for beginners, and no prior experience is expected or required.
Recommended Grades: Grades 4 and up
Main Audience: Workshop, After School Program, Camp
This lesson comes in the form of a one-time downloadable PDF with a license for 1 classroom. If you are interested in using this lesson school-wide or district-wide, please contact us for that pricing at DexterEd (at) dexterindustries.com.
What else will I need that does not come with this Lesson?
- GrovePi Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi (works with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries custom software – or else you can download and image the cards yourself)
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Wall Adapter
- Buzzer (Optional)
If you have the GoPiGo, check out the Morse Code lesson for GoPiGo here.
You may also like…
This 2-sided acrylic case protects and supports the GrovePi and Raspberry Pi from bumps and drops. The open design keeps sensors and connections accessible and protected. The acrylic is held together with steel posts and screws, giving the GrovePi solid protection.
Fits all versions of the Raspberry Pi.