EmpathyBot is an emotion reading robot built with the GoPiGo robot car, a button, ultrasonic sensor (distance), camera, speaker and Google Cloud Vision API! This kit includes everything you need to build EmpathyBot from scratch including a GoPiGo2 Base Kit, Raspberry Pi 3, GoPiGo Servo Package, Ultrasonic Sensor, microSD Card (with our software), Power Supply, Wifi Dongle, and Ethernet Cable, Button, Speaker & Camera. Check out our colored acrylic bodies.
In stock (can be backordered)
EmpathyBot is kit that includes everything you need to build your own emotion detection robot! All of the instructions are online here.
- GoPiGo2 Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- Servo Package for the GoPiGo
- microSD Card — with Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V)
- 6″ Ethernet Cable
- Raspberry Pi Camera
What’s not included?
- Batteries: GoPiGo2 requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
- Philips head screwdriver for assembly
- Google Cloud Vision API Account (there is a 60 day free trial)
What’s required for assembly?
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts (you can attach them to the acrylic body), but we don’t sell them.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo2 can be found here.
Kit w/Raspberry Pi 2, Kit w/Raspberry Pi 3
You may also like…
The Line Follower attaches to your GoPiGo robot car and enables you to program it to follow a line. Program your GoPiGo to serve a drink across a room, and learn the basics of how automated warehouse or self-driving cars work!
GoBox is an awesome way to learn how to code with a robot! It comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Check out the “Missions Only” product if you already have the GoPiGo robot.