EmpathyBot is an emotion reading robot built with the GoPiGo robot car with the Google Cloud Vision API! This kit includes everything you need to build EmpathyBot from scratch including a Raspberry Pi 3, GoPiGo Servo Package, Distance Sensor, microSD Card (with our software), Power Supply, and Ethernet Cable.
EmpathyBot is kit that includes everything you need to build your own emotion detection robot! All of the instructions are online here.
- GoPiGo3 Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Distance Sensor
- Servo Package for the GoPiGo
- microSD Card — with Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110-240V)
- 6″ Ethernet Cable
- Grove Button
- Raspberry Pi Camera
What’s not included?
- Batteries: GoPiGo3 requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
- Google Cloud Vision API Account (there is a 60 day free trial)
What’s required for assembly?
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts (you can attach them to the acrylic body), but we don’t sell them.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo3 can be found here.
Kit w/Raspberry Pi 2, Kit w/Raspberry Pi 3
You may also like…
The Line Follower attaches to your Raspberry Pi Robots and enables you to program it to follow a line. Program your GoPiGo to serve a drink across a room, and learn the basics of how automated warehouse or self-driving cars work!
GoBox is an awesome way to learn how to code with a robot! It comes with a full GoPiGo robot car kit (using the Raspberry Pi) plus a new mission (and a total of 9 robot sensors) mailed to your door every month, for a year! Only ships to USA. International customers check out GoBox International. Check out the “Missions Only” product if you already have the GoPiGo robot.
The Dexter Industries Sensor Mount allows you to easily attach sensors to your GoPiGo3. Our custom design allows you to snap sensors right onto the mount and then snap the mount onto the GoPiGo3. No screws or soldering iron required! Attach any of the Dexter Industries or Grove sensors to your Raspberry Pi robot.