The Dexter Industries dCompass Digital Compass is a compass sensor for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT and EV3. This compact sensor detects magnetic fields for navigation. Using a magnetic sensor, the sensor is able to measure the earth’s magnetic field and returns a magnetic heading, telling you which way your robot is heading.
The device can be used without calibration and can be calibrated with software to account for magnetic fields to deliver a highly accurate compass heading.
The sensor is supported in NXT-G, Labview, and RobotC.
The sensor communicates with the NXT via I2C and can be placed on any port.
Downloads and Tutorials
- NXT-G Brick and Examples (.zip) Examples of using the NXT-G dCompass Brick.
- RobotC Examples (web) RobotC driver and examples. Thank you Xander!
- NXC Examples (zip) NXC driver and examples.
- Lejos Examples (web) Lejos with the dCompass. Thank you Aswin!
- Lejos Example (web) leJOS with the dCompass. Thank you kirkpthompson!