The dPressure is a pressure sensor for the Lego Mindstorm NXT and EV3 systems capable of measuring up to 500 kPa (70 psi) of pressure and gauge vacuum. The sensor comes with an adapter for Lego Pneumatic lines. The sensor is easy to use: it plugs directly into the EV3 or NXT and users can be up and reading pressures in seconds. These pressure sensors can easily be incorporated into chemistry, engineering, and environmental experiments with NXT-G and Labview.
- Pressure sensor for Lego Mindstorm EV3 and NXT.
- Plugs directly into your NXT sensor ports.
- Adapter for Lego Pneumatic kits included.
- Widest pressure range: 500 kPa (70 PSI).
- Easily incorporated into datalogging experiments in chemistry, physics, and engineering.
The dPressure500 measures Vacuum to 500 kPa (70 PSI) The sensor measures differential pressure and have 1/8″ ports. The analog sensor can measure down to 0.25 kPa (0.04 PSI) in pressure change and has a response time of 1 ms.
Downloads and Tutorials
- dPressure Manual (Wiki) View the user-guide here.
- dPressure 500 (zip) This NXT-G block allows for quick and easy pressure measurement. For use with NXT-G 2.0. 0.25 kPa precision. Save the zip file, create a directory called “dPressure 500″ and extract the files.
- dPressure Education (zip) For Lego NXT-G Education 2.0 edition. This block enables datalogging in the education version of NXT-G. This NXT-G block allows for quick and easy pressure measurement. 0.25 kPa precision. This file has blocks the dPressure 500.
- NXT-G Quickstart Program (.rbt) Start data logging now! This program helps users get started with the new pressure sensor quickly. The program reads the pressure data, and saves it to a csv file on the Lego Mindstorm NXT.
- RobotC for the dPressure (link) RobotC drivers were graciously developed by Xander.
- dPressure Example (.nxc) Example program for dPressure 500 displays value of sensor in NXC.
- dPressure 500 VI (.vi) The Labview VI provides more precise pressure measurements.
- LabVIEW for Lego Mindstorms (zip) LVLM2010 VI’s for Lego Mindstorm NXT.
You may also like…
BrickPi+ helps you do more with LEGO MINDSTORMS by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Base Kit includes one BrickPi board for connecting MINDSTORMS and an upgraded 6-sided basic acrylic case for attaching Lego technic bricks. Raspberry Pi sold separately. LEGO parts not included.