BrickPi+ Starter Kit
BrickPi is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s Included in the BrickPi Starter Kit?
- BrickPi+ board
- BrickPi Upgraded 6-sided Acrylic Case
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Software “Raspbian for Robots”
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Raspberry Pi (select the version you want – 2 or 3)
- Power Supply Wall Adapter (110 V) is recommended so you don’t drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
What’s required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
What else do I need to know?
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi.
- Write in other languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
We do not sell the core LEGO motors or sensors, but we have developed a few cool ones of our own like the dGPS.
If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Kit w/Raspberry Pi 2, Kit w/Raspberry Pi 3
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
GoPiGo is a robot car! The Starter Kit includes everything you need to get started from scratch including a GoPiGo2 Base Kit, Raspberry Pi, Mini Wifi Dongle, GoPiGo Servo Package, Ultrasonic Sensor, microSD Card (with our software), Power Supply, and Ethernet Cable. Check out our colored acrylic bodies.
The dPressure is a pressure sensor for the Lego® Mindstorm® NXT and EV3 systems capable of measuring up to 500 kPa (70 psi) of pressure and gauge vacuum.
Measure bending motions and make robots that mimic you. dFlex flexible sensor measures angular displacement, or bend, of the sensor. The sensor bends and flexes with mechanical motion. dFlex does not work with EV3.